How to cancel an APA
Last updated: November 22nd, 2023
Please read before canceling your APA
We cannot speak on behalf of an attorney. If you have any questions about canceling an APA, please consult your attorney for more information.
We recommend doing the following before relisting your startup on the marketplace:
- Please ask the buyer to confirm in writing that they want to terminate the transaction (if they have not done so already).
- Ensure you're up-to-date on your LOI obligations and aren't bound by a no-shop provision.
- Please review your APA to determine whether you can terminate the agreement yourself or if you need the buyer's consent. If you have any questions about this, please contact your attorney.
- Please keep a record of your Escrow.com transaction cancellation. Acquire.com has no part of any transaction or release of funds, so if you have questions about escrow, please direct them to Escrow.com.
How to cancel your APA
If you'd like to cancel an APA after accepting it from the buyer, follow the steps below.
1. Go to My acquisition and click Due diligence on the left.
2. Click the down arrow next to APA accepted.
3. Click Cancel in the dropdown menu.
4. Confirm you want to cancel by clicking Yes, cancel APA.
After updating the terms, the buyer can now send you a new APA.
Still need help?
Please search the help center again or email email@example.com.