How to cancel an APA
Last updated: July 6th, 2023
Please read before canceling your APA
We cannot speak on behalf of an attorney. If you have any questions about canceling an APA, please consult your attorney for more information.
We recommend doing the following before relisting your startup on the marketplace:
- Please ask the buyer to confirm in writing that they want to terminate the transaction (if they have not done so already).
- Ensure you're up-to-date on your LOI obligations and aren't bound by a no-shop provision.
- Please review your APA to determine whether you can terminate the agreement yourself or if you need the buyer's consent. If you have any questions about this, please contact your attorney.
- Please keep a record of your Escrow.com transaction cancellation. Acquire.com has no part of any transaction or release of funds, so if you have questions about escrow, please direct them to Escrow.com.
How to cancel your APA
- Log into your seller profile.
- Click My Acquisition.
- Click Pass Due Diligence (on the left).
- Click the arrow next to your APA status.
- Click Cancel.
Still need help?
Please search the help center again or email email@example.com.